Equipping New Employees for First-Day Success
One of the largest, not-for-profit medical associations in the nation—with a stated mission to bring together physicians and communities to improve the nation’s health—found itself struggling to efficiently onboard new employees at a critical juncture.
Just in time for the disruptive shift to remote work, our client engaged Netrix to reimagine their collection of siloed, manual onboarding processes as a single streamlined workflow with a remote-accessible interface.
Our collaborative partnership produced a scalable and extensible solution that equipped stakeholders with a secure, one-stop dashboard that provides 360-degree visibility of the complete employee onboarding lifecycle.
We hold frequent solution demos for client stakeholders, providing feedback channels after each iteration.
Azure DevOps tracks Application Lifecyle Management from user stories to automated deployments and testing.
We host monthly Executive Review meetings with executive leadership from Netrix and our client, providing an opportunity to speak candidly about team performance and project direction.
We send Sprint Summary Reports after every sprint with burndown, velocity and backlog metrics to keep project on time and on budget.
As with all process automation engagements, Netrix broke ground with process mapping, engaging key stakeholders to chart the entire business process from position creation to fulfillment. We uncovered 5 distinct workstreams required to fully onboard a new employee, spanning multiple verticals and tracked in several applications.
Custom business logic accompanied each workstream: recruiting and hiring (Human Resources), space allocation (Facilities Management), hardware and software (Information Technology), System Access (Procurement) and peer mentorship. Each workstream also required its own approvals, and stored data in line-of-business applications spanning ServiceNow, Microsoft 365 and the client’s proprietary HRIS.
- Centralized form with tabs for each of 5 workstreams
- Stakeholders can approve or complete onboarding tasks directly from email or from their mobile devices
- One-stop dashboard with KPIs across each sub-process
- Data still updated in respective systems of record
- Robust audit trail and reporting
By the Numbers
- 5 distinct processes governed by independent systems of record, reduced to 1 form
- Hundreds of new employees annually
After our User Experience Design team presented prototypes to key Human Resources stakeholders, the Microsoft Power Platform empowered our development team to rapidly iterate on implementing the chosen design.
The new solution pairs a flexible, user-friendly PowerApps form with a sophisticated backend business logic and integration engine built on Power Automate.
And the business process wasn’t all we automated; build and deploy pipelines running in Azure DevOps automatically promote code across development, testing, staging and production application lifecycles.
- The legacy onboarding/offboarding process required manual tracking across several line-of-business applications
- Stakeholders lacked visibility across siloed sub-processes
- Approvals and data entry took place in multiple systems of record
- Inconsistent forms created a confusing user experience, resulting in missed deadlines and human error
- Complex business logic across disconnected workstreams bred error-prone, one-off processes
- A single application now tracks and automates all aspects of the employee onboarding process
- An interactive dashboard provides an at-a-glance status for each onboarding sub-process for each employee
- Stakeholders complete approvals via one-click actionable emails, progressing time-sensitive workflows from anywhere on their mobile device
- A centralized form combines 5 sub-forms into a single, wizard-like user interface
- Sub-process workflows run independently but “bubble up” to the parent onboarding workflow
Netrix incorporates agile development best practices into our application development operations and prioritizes the evolution of your development teams by introducing market-leading best practices. Whether modernizing the applications you have in place today or developing new custom solutions for your unique business challenges, our team provides the experience and resources necessary to gain new functionality and efficiencies.
Our Microsoft-certified engineers develop software applications using the most modern technologies, ensuring that your application is usable and maintainable in the future. Our primary technical expertise includes:
- .NET development, MVC, MVP, MVVM
Modern Web Application Development
- SQL, MySQL, noSQL
Azure Migration and Development Services
- App Service, Web Roles, Worker Roles, Table Storage, Blob Storage, Queues, and Service Bus
- Cloud-Based Architecture